Monday, December 22, 2008

Facebook

I succumbed to pressure from various family and friends to finally get on Facebook. I'm still not sure how I feel about it. A big part of me didn't really want to be found by anyone. Another part of me just thinks, "Who cares?" Someone I never talked to in high school wanted to add me as a friend. I know it wouldn't hurt to add him, but really, why should I? I don't care about what he's doing. I guess people just like to have a lot of friends. I'm secure enough not to add everyone I've ever met. I purge people like I purge old clothes. If I haven't talked to them in a year, they generally get deleted from my email and address book. That being said, there are some former really good post-high school friends with whom I have lost touch and this is really an easy way to catch up. In the real, off-line world it would seem like a big deal to make a phone call and talk about everything that has happened in my life in the last ten years. And I do have plenty of regrets about how many people I have let kind of slip away. So, there, I've talked it out and decided that I am pro-Facebook. But I want to go on record as saying the site is surprisingly nonintuitive. You would think with so many people using it they would figure out a more interesting user-interface.

And if anyone is reading this and is dying to know the outcome of the rain boot issue: they arrived today and it is raining. And it may rain most of the week. So there.

No comments:

Post a Comment