Wednesday, July 1, 2009

An actual quilt

Okay, clearly I suck at this whole blogging thing. Apparently I'd rather read about what other people are doing. But I did finally make a quilt. Two of them, actually. I had it in my head that I was going to make the Plain Spoken quilt from the Modern Quilt Workshop by Weeks Ringle and Bill Kerr. And I did. Sort of. I had so many great fabric scraps from making things for the daughters that I ended up taking that beautiful, subtle quilt and making it crazy busy. And since they were twin size quilts, I gave them to someone else to actually quilt. I didn't get off all that easy. There were still 390 rectangles to be sewn together, and I did do the binding. And then I took my extra rectangles and made doll size quilts that I quilted myself. And now I want to make more quilts and more quilts.

No comments:

Post a Comment